Gutsy – A healthy gut is a happy gut
Diatomaceous Earth (Fossil Shell Flour)
Cleansing your gut and body is considered to be one of the most important health steps you can take. This virtually tasteless superfood can help clear your digestive track of a build-up of mucus, faecal matter, bad bacteria, fungi and heavy metals by absorbing these things on its way out……you know….when go poop.
The benefits of Fossil Shell Flour (diatomaceous earth) can include:
- Cleanses the digestive system and improves gut health
- Helps remove toxins, impurities and parasites
- Healthier looking skin, hair and nails.
- Improves functionality of the liver and colon
- Contains minerals including Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron and is 93% Silica
- Increases nutrient and mineral absorption and hydration levels
- Reduces gas and bloating
- Helps improve energy levels
- Promotes regular bowel movements
- Cleanses intestinal walls and digestive tract
What is Diatomaceous earth?
It is made of single-cellled honeycomb structed algae organisms with silicon excoskeletons called diatoms. Sorry…say that again in English? It is a type of algae mineral this is rich in silica. And what is silica you ask? Well Silica is one of the foundational minerals our bodies’ need most. Diatomaceous Earth powder contains a natural mix of minerals such as Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc and Iron, essential for maintaining healthy energy levels and body function.
Start with ½ to one teaspoon per day and work up to 1 tablespoon per day. Add it a glass of water, juice or smoothie or our morning porridge or yogurt, and then carry on about your day.
Minerals in Diatomaceous earth include:
- Amorphous Silica: 89 – 95%
- Calcium: 0.407%
- Iron: 0.25%
- Potassium: 0.107%
- Magnesium: 0.138%
- Phosphorus: 0.00937
- Silicon: 0.342
- Zinc: 0.000754
- Plus other Trace minerals
Gutsy is the highest food grade of diatomaceous earth; flavourless, gluten-free and organic. Use daily or as part of a detox or cleanse, and is completely free of any additives, preservatives, fillers, sugars or artificial sweeteners.