Australia’s first unique super blend of high-quality Quercefit produces 10 times more available Quercetin in the bloodstream than a 500mg dose of ordinary Quercetin. ViraGuard contains superior immune-protecting ingredients backed by science. The combination of Quercefit, Vitamin A, C, D, & Zinc is recommended around the world as effective protection against acute upper respiratory tract infections, colds, flu and tissue inflammation. This special blend also contains selenium, ginger and ivy leaf for extra benefits to protect your immune system.
WHAT'S IN IT AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Vitamin D plays a prominent role in the body by supporting healthy bones, regulating mood, preventing heart and blood disorders and improved resistance against certain diseases. Facilitating normal immune system function is why Vitamin D is heralded as the ‘sunshine vitamin’.
Vitamin C is necessary for the growth, development, and repair of all body tissues. It plays a vital role in the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, wound healing, regulating energy levels and boosting antioxidant levels to help guard against viral infections and improve immune function.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble antioxidant essential for vision, growth, cell division, reproduction, and immunity. Most importantly, it supports our white blood cells that protect our bodies from infection.
Zinc has long been recognised to modulate antiviral and antibacterial activity. Zinc effectively reduces inflammation and hastens wound healing while reducing the risk of age-related diseases and boosting immune health.
One of the most important trace minerals that play a key role in maintaining thyroid metabolism, DNA synthesis and protecting the body from oxidative damage and infection.
Originating in Southeast Asia and used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years, ginger is loaded with nutrients that benefit your body and brain. It is well known to improve digestion, relieve arthritic pain and reduce inflammation.
Ivy Leaf is medicinally recognised since ancient times. Prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of respiratory diseases, relief of chesty coughs and mucous production, Ivy Leaf can improve lung function and impaired airway breathing difficulties.
- Quercetin is a bright yellow flavonoid and has been recognised for decades for its Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic activities.
- In animal and human studies, scientists have demonstrated antiviral actions.
- Free radical scavengers such as Quercetin effectively mop up and neutralise radicals and protect the cells and tissues.
- Quercetin also binds to metal ions. By binding to metals, Quercetin inhibits reactions and thus reduces free radical generation.
- Quercetin inhibits the COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes, and additionally protects immune cells from oxidative burst, thus decreasing inflammation and reducing acute and chronic tissue damage.
- Quercetin has been shown to stabilise mast cells and basophils, inhibiting the release of inflammatory mediators. It also appears to reduce the production of cytokines and interleukins in those cells, further reducing allergic inflammation.
- European studies with people suffering symptoms of seasonal allergy showed that supplementation with Quercetin, combined with standard therapy, could reduce symptoms by up 50% in the daytime and up to 70% at night.
- In the 2 weeks after trained cyclists were given Quercetin ONLY 1 of 20 in the supplemented group caught a cold while 14 of 20 in the placebo group caught a cold.
- In vitro studies have demonstrated that Quercetin may reduce the frequency and symptoms of colds by inhibiting replication of several cold viruses, including adenovirus, and rhinovirus.
So, if quercetin can have these amazing benefits to the body, what’s the catch? Well, it has very poor bioavailability. For that reason, high doses, typically 1000 – 2000mg per day, are needed to achieve good effects.
Quercefit® is a Trademark of Indena S.p.A., Italy. Indena produces medical-grade herbal extracts. It recognises that many valuable herb components are poorly soluble, and so Indena developed technology to render them more bioavailable. Quercetin is finely ground and dispersed into sunflower seed lecithin. The mixture is stabilised with two typical tablet excipients, maltodextrin and silicon dioxide.
This is Quercefit® Human testing has shown that a single dose of 250mg of Quercefit® produces 10 times more Quercetin in the bloodstream than a 500mg dose of plain Quercetin.
Indena has also demonstrated that Quercefit® combined with standard care also reduces symptoms of cold and flu infections and hastens recovery after infection.
That’s why we prefer to use Quercefit in our products – Because only the best will do.