Top ten tips
for your 10-day plan and living your best, healthy life every day!
1. Begin everyday with the juice of a lemon in a large glass of room temperature filtered water. It is recommended you drink this through a straw to avoid tooth enamel damage. Consuming this first thing in the morning activates and flushes your digestion.
2. Doing some form of exercise or movement in the morning will release endorphins to help you feel good for the whole day. Walking at a brisk pace for 30 minutes is ideal. Any form of movement that challenges your fitness is great, consider swimming, cycling, yoga, or a fitness class that caters for your ability and enjoyment.
3. Leave enough time to prepare breakfast and make sure to sit down while you have it. Eat mindfully, Ideally, you will not be distracted by electronic devices. Breakfast is the perfect time to prepare for your day mentally and nutritionally so use this opportunity to centre yourself for the day ahead.
4. If working, prepare your lunch, snacks, and hydration so you are not tempted by fast food and unhealthy choices. Boredom or lack of planning can easily lead to poor choices you may regret. Spend a little time on the weekend thinking about the week ahead and what food prep you can do to make sure your healthy eating habits stay on track.
5. Go for a walk or fit in 10 minutes of movement during your day. If at work, use some of your work lunch break to go for a walk. This is ideal for digestion and circulation. You may like to invite a friend or organise a work walk for the health and wellbeing of work colleagues. This could lead to an office ‘step’ challenge that would benefit everyone’s health and wellbeing.
6. Prepare dinner with love knowing you are nourishing your mind, body, and soul. Put on some music, light a candle, and dine at the table, even if you are on your own. You will eat mindfully, slower and you will experience better digestion.
7. After dinner, enjoy your Ginger Elixir or Turmeric Latte to promote digestion, circulation, and relaxation. This can be part of your new evening ‘nurture’ ritual to appreciate while taking a bath or reading a book, but it’s the anti-inflammatory and healing effects of these after dinner drinks that will work their magic while you sleep.
8. A bedtime routine should encompass self-nurturing practises that encourage a good night’s sleep. Suggestions include a hot shower or bath, body scrub and self-massage, moisturising, facial, pedicure or hair treatment. Take at least half an hour to indulge yourself.
9. Reflect on your day and check off the two activities on your Meal Plan. Draw an emoji about how you feel (happy, sad, angry etc) and indicate the health of your bowels. When our elimination is working efficiently, we will feel lighter, happier, and healthier.
10. Before bed, switch off devices, remind yourself of all that you are grateful for, congratulate yourself for being strong and committed, reacquaint yourself with a good book and enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it is not yet alright, it is not yet the end!