Zone Technique Therapy
When you think of neck and back pain, is it the chiropractor that springs to your mind?
The term chiropractic was taken from two Greek words. Cheir meaning ‘hand’ and Praxis meaning ‘practice’, thus ‘Done by hand’.
The chiropractor founder, D.D Palmer, (1845-1913) taught that altered nerve flow was the core cause of disease and that misaligned spinal vertebrae has a negative affect on nerve flow. By re-establishing the vertebrae alignment, and treating nerves, he could relieve inflammation and restore health. DD Palmer believed that the human body had natural healing powers transmitted through the nervous system. The body is a machine that can be manipulated to generate a cure without the use of Big Pharma medicines.
The attacks on the chiropractic profession by pharmaceutical cartels has been daunting and unrelenting. Despite this, chiropractic is the third largest healthcare regime in the world. The basic tenets of being a drug free nerve treatment still exist from the inception of DD Palmer.
Developed in 1931 by the Texan, Dr Thurman Fleet, (1895-1983) Zone Technique Therapy covers the basic chiropractic principles. Zone Therapy is based on the premise of six body zones, which when upset by emotional, physical or chemical stress, can result in a variety of diseases and body breakdown. The communication breakdown between the brain zones and the corresponding body centres results in dysfunction and imbalances.
Physically connected through millions of nerves, the gut and brain connect mainly through the vagus nerve. Inflammation is also controlled by the gut and its microbes, which in turn affect brain compounds.
In Zone Technique the body operates like an electrical device. Each zone is regulated by a specific positive point in the brain and countered by a negative pole in the spinal cord. If this misaligns, it causes the brain to ‘short out’ and malfunction. Zone Therapy identifies which system is out of sync and the chiropractor will realign your body to fix the issue.
Dr Pete Goldman in California has adopted Dr Fleets therapy and he eliminates pain by finding a balance using Zone Therapy. While in chiropractic school, Dr Pete fascinated the faculty with the healing results. The amazing results have continued with patients flying in to see Dr Pete, from all over the world. Check the directory on www.zonetechnique.com to find your nearest qualified Zone Therapy practitioner.
In Australia we currently have 2 practitioners:
Michael Szabo in Ballarat VIC 3350
Daniel J Bank in Upper Gravatt QLD 4122
It is the goal of Zone Therapy to identify the brain centres out of sync that are causing body issues. The chiropractor does this by feeling specific points at the base of the patient’s head. These six points connect to the nerves. If the brain point is not relaying correct signals to the nervous system, then different zones in the body suffer. By stimulating these specific points in the spinal cord, causes of the issue can be resolved. The 6 zones that disease conditions, aches and pains can be attributed to are:
- Glandular. This system involves the pineal gland, pituitary gland, thyroid, uterus and ovaries, prostate and gonads, and several other glands. They are responsible for important bodily functions related memory, energy, appetite regulation, sleep, and relaxation.
- Eliminative. The eliminative system includes all of the organs involved in waste elimination, such as the kidneys, bladders, skin, and lungs. This system is designed to reduce toxin build-up within the body which, in turn, helps strengthen immune function, eases respiratory function, and reduces bloating.
- Nervous. The National Library of Medicine explains that the nervous system consists of the brain and spinal cord (the central nervous system) and all of the other nerves (the peripheral nervous system), and that each one responsible for a different function. For instance, some contribute to better mood and improved sleep, whereas others promote eye and ear health or balance the body’s hormones
- Digestive. The human body needs certain nutrients to survive, and the digestive system is responsible for taking these nutrients from the food sources we eat and breaking them down, so they are more available for the cells that need them. This helps normalize weight, while also boosting energy.
- Muscular. The muscular system includes muscles, tendons, and ligaments as all these soft tissues are responsible for helping the body move more freely and without pain or tenderness. This system is also responsible for our strength, flexibility, and ability to retain balance.
- Circulatory. To function efficiently, the body’s cells need to intake nutrients and oxygen and expel waste. The circulatory system assists with this process by circulating blood-based “carriers”. responsible for picking up and dropping off these substances, sending them through the body at a normal pressure and rate.
Combine this therapy with supplements from Turmeric Australia for your inflammation and gut issues.
- Fossil shell flour
- Marine collagen peptides
- Vitamin D3 + K2
- Apple Cider vinegar capsules